literature Directory

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A GRAIN ALONE........


An insignificant bit
In a world so brightly lit
Out of the ground I grew
Made many friends, all new .


Lived together for days so many
Danced and swayed together in weather
Windy and sunny
Whatever and however it was
Together we stood, until the very last.


That was my life, my domain
Life was simple and plane
Until it all did change
And it all felt so strange.


Ripped off my family, did they drag
Process and then put in bag
Together we wept,
Where we all were kept.


Many days did pass
I changed hands and bags
Sent from here to there,
Finally don’t know I landed where
All I know, the crown is strange
Such life my destiny arrange .


Initially, nearby bags had them all,
Sometimes at least, them did I call
Then slowly, we all did drift
To different places, us did they shift
Made new friends, but older I lost
Life to me a lot did cost .


Shifted again, from here to there
I again lost all, about whom I did care
Remember those and I do smile
But to adjust to idea I lost them, takes me awhile
Busy with ourselves, we all got lost
Some drenched in rain, or frozen in frost .



Reached my end, kept in the kitchen plate
About to be cooked, eaten by the people I hate
At this end of mine
All seems fine
But all that bothers, all does flash
All those grains, all those friends
Once they mattered, today forgotten
I miss them a ton,
It was so fun.
Still I thank them all with all my heart,
Which is about to be steamed for a start.

0 comments: