literature Directory

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

VALIANT EFFORT..


Under the bright light of the glowing lamp,
And the cold of the growing damp,
The black letter danced before my eyes,
A single look at them made me cry.

A single question knocked on my head,
But my brain had gone to bed,
Lazing and lurking it opened the door,
The question swooshed in and sat on the floor.


An untimely guest, and unwelcome one,
Such treatment to deserve, brain had not done,
The screaming question ran and danced,
The traitor, the spy, to reach its destination glanced.


The naïve child ran, didn’t recoil,
In forbidden territory did it tread the soil,
Ran straight, then left and right,
Resistance of my sleepy brain did it fight.


Moved here and there, then left and right,
Didn’t know its way, light not that bright,
Untreaded land, forbidden kingdom,
Lost in maze, destinaion wont come.


Encroachment didn’t my brain accept,
Awareness of trespassing t it crept,
Opened door, threw the screaming, screeching guest out,
Which it could do well without,
Peace and serenity at last,
Brain to bed, head dropped on the book to sleep, fast.

0 comments: